Tuesday, August 17, 2010

i am always working

There was one weekend when i had to spend the entire two days working on a presentation that i have the following Monday. I was using a new program for my presentation and, aside from being slow coz I was still trying to learn the ropes, it really fascinated me and made me want to finish my presentation quickly so i can view it.

Every now and then i would stop to take care of some household stuff: check my son's bag and notebooks for any project or assignment, prepare the uniforms of my kids for the entire week (i do this all the time coz i get home late from work and i don't want to worry for some missing socks or hanky needed the next day), prepare food for my husband and kids, ask my daughter if she needs anything for school. And then i would go back again to my computer to work on the presentation.

Come Sunday night, i was already in bed but i was still busy typing on my laptop. My son and my daughter were in our bed watching tv. There was this commercial where kids describe their moms when my daughter blurted out "my mom is always working, if she's not working she's cleaning".

That made me stop from whatever i was doing. I actually felt lumps of solid something creeping up my throat that i know will turn into a sob had i not controlled myself.

I told my daughter that I am so sorry that i was working the whole weekend and we barely had time to do anything together, promised her that I will not do that again especially on a weekend. Asked her what she wants to do for the following week, "we can just lie in bed, eat ice cream and watch tv" she said.

All my kids want is me, my time, my time with them. And I am making sure that i will spend those time with them.

If I have a choice, i would like to be at home, not working. I would prepare my kids baon for school. I would wait for them to come home. We will study together, prepare projects together.

We can just lie in bed, eat ice cream and just be together.

No comments: