Wednesday, April 20, 2011

purple oven

Ever since I learned about Purple Oven, I've been wanting to visit. A couple of friends told me that it's famous for supplying cakes and pastries for different coffee shops like Starbucks -- I was totally intrigued.

Yesterday (finally!) an officemate, who just recently went there, accompanied me.  It was a divine place.  Familiar looking cakes and pastries greeted me.  From the outside, you wouldn't think that there's a shop inside, it was more like a factory with gray gate and low-rise "factory-like" building.  A guard stands outside who helped us with the parking and directed us towards the door of the shop.



It's a small, quaint shop but the inside offers a plethora of cakes and sweets.

I got the Dome cake (which is not served @ Starbucks anymore)



I also got a box of chocolate crinkles.




Tasted both and super yummy!

I also got a loaf of banana bread which I have yet to open and taste, but I'm sure it's just as delicious as the other two :)

Next week, I'll be back there for: Mango Torte, Grandma's Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Campfire!

Purple Oven
#63 St. Peter Street,
Oranbo, Pasig City
M-Sat: 8am-7pm
Sun: 8am-5pm
831.4221/910.1363

No comments: