Saturday, October 30, 2010

some time

I think I really work hard.

Goes to the office around 6:30am and usually goes home around 8pm. That's actually more than 12 hours of continuous hard labor :( Not only am I physically exhausted, I am mentally drained and emotionally troubled at the end of each day. All of which I try, really really try not bring at home to my kids.

I always pray for a peaceful, restful weekends.

Unfortunately though, weekends are the only time I can do my chores (outside work). Like, bring my kids to Megamall for their drums and guitar lessons. Do the grocery, pay bills and do other household errands. Other times there will be school projects and supplies I have to help with or buy. Some weekends, bring Bubbles (our super behave dog) to the groomer. Prepare my kids school uniform for the whole week. Include pa the trips to the dentist and the pedia.

I am thankful and will forever be grateful for mom who is always here to help me. Without her I don't know how my 24 hours will be able to accommodate everything.

I am not complaining. Not complaining at all.

It is a blessing to have a stable job. A paycheck I can bring home every 15th and 30th of the month. When so many others are looking for one, I'm thankful that I have one that pays me well, appreciates my talents and sees me as an important part of the organization.

I am thankful for the weekends. Because I get to be with my family, especially with my two adorable, lovable, kind-hearted Cj and Basti.

I'm just wishing for some me time. A pampering massage to ease my body aches and pains; a quiet corner to read a book; a long, luxurious bath; a quiet coffee time.

I'm sure this me time will soon come.

And when it does, I'm sure I will savor and enjoy each moment.


No comments: